Unique golf camps designed and available exclusively to
Agenda (Day 1)
Saturday 27th June 2009
8:30 a.m. - Registration and Coffee
8:50 a.m. - Introductions
9:00 a.m. Sandy Jamieson
An introduction to Golf
9:20 a.m. - Ramsay McMaster
- Establishing an Interrelationship between Physical Therapy, Physiology, Conditioning and the Golf Professional. Strategies for integrating yourself within the golf community.
- Periodisation. How to plan, organize & integrate physical therapy with a golfer's full competition schedule.
10:20 a.m. Coffee Break
10:30 a.m - Ramsay McMaster
- Establishing a successful clinic, dealing proactively with potential injuries
- Subjective Assessments - Common behavioral patterns in golfers.
- Objective Assessments - Full golf-specific musculo-skeletal screening and analysis of body segments.
12:30 pm. - Lunch
1:15 pm. - Ramsay McMaster
- Self-Testing Drills - Golf specific exercise drills, proprioceptive and postural re-education, addressing golf muscle imbalances.
- Common Golf Injuries
- Golfing Subgroups -Identifying risk areas - Middle aged female golfers, Corporate golfers, Senior golfers, Developing Tour Professionals, Arthritic golfers
2.50 pm. Coffee Break
3:00 pm. – Sandy Jamieson
- Set-up fundamentals
- Swing Plane & Pivot
- Swing Misconceptions causing injury
4:00 pm. - Team Approach
Case Studies - Common Golfers that you will see in your Practice
5:00 pm. - Closing Remarks
Agenda (Day 2)
Sunday 28th June 2009
(A full practical day with live models)
8:30 a.m. Registration and Coffee
9:00 a.m. - Ramsay McMaster with Sandy Jamieson
- Using video effectively
- Visual home exercise
- Capturing video to computer files
9:40 a.m. - Coffee Break
10:00 a.m. - Ramsay McMaster with Stewart Corstorphine
Demonstration on the Range - Golf Course Exercises – 3D Swing Analysis
(Introducing *GUR with new rehabilitation systems and procedures.
12:30 pm. - Lunch
1:15 pm. - Team Approach
Information on new and exciting trends in Golf including - the inter-active role of the Therapist - the “traffic light” golf rehabilitation calendar, - golf rehabilitation templates, - train the trainer, - body testing templates on the golf range, - current research on arthritis and joint replacement in golf, - Can you score 79 at 79?
3:00 pm - Coffee Break
3.15 pm till 4.30 pm - Golf Specific Exercise Drills using Posture Bar and Spikey Ball
4.30 pm - Conclusion and Open Forum
* Golfers Under Rehab specifically to Golf Clubs and golfers.
N.B. (Dress is casual! If you are a Golfer bring a golf club. For non-golfers and those travelling from afar we will have some spare clubs available!)